Lindsay on life, love and being a single Mum

Something of a diary for a girl who has never been very good at keeping diaries.

Saturday 10 April 2010

The best of times...

I am, without any shadow of a doubt, walking around with this huge smile on my face today. Guy number 3, from now on we'll call him S, came round last night to cook me dinner. I had quite possibly one of the best nights I've had in absolutely ages.

He turned up at my house, with dinner in tow, and a present for H. He was quite early, before H was even home and came with me to pick him up, he then proceeded to spend the evening playing with H...he was clearly not completely comfortable with him but he really made an effort, I was beyond impressed.

We were supposed to have been watching a film after we had eaten dinner but again we wasted the evening away talking (and I use the term wasted very lightly - it was lovely). At half past midnight I decided it was high time we called it a night, but I really didn't want him to leave.

Texts then kept flying backwards and forwards until 2am at which point I went to sleep very contented, which is a first for a while.

The nice thing about all of it? Because this man has been sitting on the periphery of my life and my close circle of friends for years now, he already knows me and I already know him. Not well, and certainly not well enough to make the "getting to know you part" unnecessary, but enough to cut through the crap. Enough to encourage complete open-ness and honesty, enough for me to comfortable to tell him the worst of me as well as the best of me, and what's even better - ever after knowing some of the worst of me, he still likes me.

It's very comfortable and it's a nice place to be in. What's even nicer is that I can't wait to see him again. I haven't felt like this for a long time. I felt similar to this with Guy Number 1, in terms of wanting to see him and spend time with him, but I never felt as though he was being totally genuine with me so this feeling of trust was never there from the start.

We are doing something together on Sunday, I'm really looking forward to it.

On the plus side, today everything is a plus side!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home