Lindsay on life, love and being a single Mum

Something of a diary for a girl who has never been very good at keeping diaries.

Monday 21 March 2011

Families suck...

I've had a really emotional day today. I think I have PMT, at least I hope I do, or I have real problems.

It was H's birthday on Friday and I took the day off work with him. We went to a play farm and then I arranged a visit to a police car whereby he got to turn the sirens and lights on, he loved it. His Dad then had him for the weekend so I didn't get to see him on Saturday or Sunday and picked him up again this evening.

Bearing all of this in mind none of my friends or family got to see H over the weekend, what I found more than a bit disappointing though was that no one called or text me on his birthday, no one put a card through the letter box, no one called in on his birthday or over the weekend.

So what really brought it all to light today, which is why I have had an emotional day, was that my Dad popped round. He arrived, said hello and that he was popping in for a quick cuppa etc, we chatted for about 10 minutes when I asked if he'd forgotten anything, he said no to which I replied "Your Grandsons Birthday?"..

Yes - he'd forgotten.

When he left I got quite down and teary and proceeded to send rather emotional texts to my two best friends and my brother in law, advising them that they were a bit crap.

In their defence they did all come through for H in the end, but since when did it become acceptable to forget a 3 year olds birthday?

On the plus side, I went out and bought him a new bike because I felt that everyone else had really let him down - his little face just lit up when I saw it. He makes my life worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home