Lindsay on life, love and being a single Mum

Something of a diary for a girl who has never been very good at keeping diaries.

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Amazing things happen...

When people spread their wings...

I love this strapline. It's on my business' marketing materials but I think it's just such a good philosophy to live by.

I have experienced this personally over the last 6 months. I have learnt to spread my wings - I have learnt how to be on my own again. And you know what? I love it.

I've developed my friendships, my relationships with my family and have figured out how to do all of the things that I have become very used to relying on other people for - except changing lampshades....apparently I still can't do that!

I asked a friend of mine to post a blog based on how they have changed over the last 6 months but it got me to thinking, how have I changed over the last 6 months?

Well other than learning how to love being by myself again, I have grown. I have developed at work and I have developed personally. I have really learnt what it means to have strong relationships with people, especially my friends.

I have developed a new friendship over the last 6 months. Someone who is fast becoming a very good friend to me, someone whose company I enjoy, who is fun to be around, reliable, supportive and funny. This person (who is probably reading this, so I may just leave it in drafts...) does not give herself enough credit for the amazing person that she is. She, despite her opinion to the contrary, is a good friend. It occured to me this evening that I will miss her company over the next week whilst she is away.

I have become closer to my old friends, I spend more time with them and they spend more time with H. This is important to me, H's Dad wouldn't let my friends look after H, I don't know why, they are amazing with him, one in particular who just adores him. She is unable to have children for herself, at least not easily or naturally, and she was, in truth, born to be a Mother. She is desperate to be a Mum and if I can offer her the opportunity to be "Auntie" K to H then I know she will love him as much as anyone else (other than me) can do, and both her and H should have this in their lives.

I am closer to my sister, my lovely big sister, who bizarely thinks I am amazing. She constantly tells me how stunning, outgoing and friendly I am (biased much!!) and how she wants me to meet a man who is deserving - I'm not sure that in her skewed opinion, anyone will be deserving of me. But how nice is it to have this wonderful validation from a person whose opinion I value above all others? My sister is incredible, she has not had the easiest of times over the last 20 years, yet she remains positive, unselfish and caring - if I can grow into a person like my sister then I will be proud of my life.

In short I feel I have grown incredibly over the last 6 months, and despite the last 6 months not being easy for me, they have been fun, they have been good and I have learnt from them.

On the plus side, at least body image wise, I have shrunk slightly over the last 6 months!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home