Lindsay on life, love and being a single Mum

Something of a diary for a girl who has never been very good at keeping diaries.

Saturday 8 May 2010

Work...

So I got the job that I mentioned in a previous post.

Firstly, I was suprememly sad to tell my team that I would be leaving them, albeit temporarily. I have come to know and love each member of my team over the year that I have had them and I know I will be missed as I will miss them.

Secondly, I am finding it very difficult to let go. I know this will be frustrating for my replacement but what he needs to understand is that this team and the work they have done is my baby. I have worked very hard to get them to achieve all that they have and the progress they have made is very much down to the leadership that I have given them. Of course I'm going to struggle to let go. Not only do I not want the work that I have to go downhill (which I know it won't) but also, I have a vested interest in that team and their happiness, success and progress.

Finally, I LOVE my new job - it's proving to be the challenge I really need to get my teeth into. My new team are FANTASTIC and I have every confidence with some stability and leadership they will prove to be the best performing team we have!!

On the plus side, I should get to return to my original team in 3 months time. On the negative side, I will have to, at some point, leave my new team and I have a feeling that is going to be equally sad for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home